Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Welcome to Fall!

UPDATE: I have added a "Follow Prickly and Bitter by Email!" widget to enable easy reading and following by my devout blog readers. This widget is run by a second party called FeedBurner, and they are the ones that organize and run the service. I have tested the service, and confirmed that I do not have access to your e-mail address, should you choose to use the service. You would enter your e-mail address into the box, verify your e-mail submission by the captcha code in the pop-up window, then you will received a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail, from FeedBurner, will have a verification link which you click on to verify your e-mail. After that, every time I post a new blog you will have it sent directly to your e-mail inbox. I have also added RSS feed subscription buttons for both posts and comments, if that's your thing.



I figured as a welcome to fall, I should change my blog colours to reflect the season. So here we are back to orange and brown, the typical colours of fall harvest. It makes me think of pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving, two of my favourite holidays!

I was going to do a series on local agricultural species, but decided to save that until next year when I'm theoretically going to be running out of common local species to photograph and blog about. This is one of the downsides of living in a temperate climate and not a tropical one: fewer species, and a much shorter growing season in which to photograph! Something to look forward to for next fall.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. orange is one of my favorite colors.

    i'm brown.

    i'm harvestable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away from the blogosphere for so long. Question: Is there I way I can subscribe to receive your educational blogs via my email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Geezer! Good to see you around these parts again :)

    I have added the Blogger widget called "Follow by e-mail". To be honest I have no idea how it works, but I'm guessing you enter your e-mail into the box and Blogger automatically sends you new posts via e-mail. All that I know is that on my part, there is no extra work required so I don't think I would ever be privy to your e-mail address (for anyone who would be concerned about that).

    I also added the subscription widget, which lets you add my RSS feed to a bunch of different RSS readers if that's your thing. I personally don't know how to use it (all this technology is really making me feel old...), but it's there if you do.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete